How are you all doing…?? Hope all are good.. Today I am going to share a really very quick and easy curry recipe which is very famous in Gujrat. It is basically a tamato curry with a mix taste of spicy,tangy and sweet and topped with crispy sev (fried gram flour vermicelli).
This recipe is very tasty and these crispy sev adds extra aroma and texture to this curry. If you are an Indian then you can easily arrange these fried gram flour vermicelli /sev . But if you are from outside India or living outside, then you can check any Indian grocery shop to find this or you can also check online sites.
Here I will add Panch Phoron into this recipe . If you are very new to the word panch phoron,then don’t worry ,I am going clear about it. Panch Phoron is a combination of five spices like cumin, brown mustard, fenugreek seeds, nigella and fennel seeds. They are used in whole form and the ratio is according to your choice. People of east and north-east India do use this in their recipes. This add extra flavour and taste to the recipe. You can made this at home or can purchase from stores. So now move to the recipe..
Sev Tameta nu Shaak Recipe:
Recipe Type- Main
Preparation Time – 5min. Max
Cooking Time- 15 min.
- 4 ripe tomatoes , chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves of garlic , chopped
- 1 small piece ginger , chopped
- 1 green chilli ,chopped
- 1 cup sev or fried gram flour vermicelli
- 1tsp. sugar
- turmeric powder,red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- Salt as per taste
- Oil to cook
- 1 glass water
1- Put a pan on medium flame and add oil into it . After some seconds when the oil is hot,add panch phoron into it and wait till they splutter. Then add chopped green chilli ,ginger and garlic into it and after half minute add chopped onion into it and mix well and sauté until they turn light brown.
2- Then add chopped tomatoes into it and mix well. Now add salt as per your taste and cover the lid for 1-2 minutes . Now add 1/2tsp turmeric powder,1/2 tsp. red chilli powder and garam masala into it and mix well. Now the tomatoes have become more soft ,then just smash them using the spoon.
3- Now add sugar into it and mix well and cook for another minute.
4- Then add water into it and bring it to boil by covering the lid.
5- Now cook for another 4-5 minutes . In between you will smell the tangy,sweet aroma of this. Now at last add half cup sev into it (remember I have taken 1 cup of sev and here I only added half cup from that) and turn off the flame .
6- Now your Sev Tameta nu Shaak is ready to serve. While serving add more sev over it to feel the crunchiness of it.. Serve hot with rice or roti or parantha.
- You can adjust the gravy according to your choice adding more water. I prefer medium gravy personally. Sev absorbs water of the gravy.
- If you are making this for any kid,then skip red chilli powder in the recipe.
- Always add sev while serving,that will make it more delicious and crunchy.
- You can add cashews and raisins into it to make more royal. Don’t forget to garnish it with fresh coriander leaves. I haven’t done here because I haven’t that in my kitchen right that time.
- Panch phoron can be replaced with simple mustard seeds.
That’s all.. Hope you will like it and don’t forget to share your views on it..Do try and let me know how was that… See you in my next post..Bye..